Sunday, April 4, 2010

iPad on the news!

The topic most talked on the weekend has been the release of the Apple iPad. My twitter is full of messages about it!
 
According to TechCrunch, sentiment is split on the ipad: people either love it, or hate others for not shutting up about it. But everyone is still searching for information about the iPad online (see the trending search term on Google).


*Google trend data (April, 4th 2010): Scale is based on the average worldwide traffic of ipad in the last 30 days.


I still don’t know what iPad has to offer and its business strategy, but to tell you the truth, I would love to have one. I always like to try new technologies and every Apple new “gadget” is a temptation to me.
 
Yet when I stop and think, I question myself about the real necessity of having an iPad: Laptop, smartphone...why would I want to carry another device??

 
So, I will wait and see what others have to say about it. I’m sure it will be easy as per the volume of posts, tweets and discussions about it on the web his weekend. 

 
Given the history of success of Apple, I’m certain that they will find a way to show the value of the iPad to the world. I definitely see no explicit need for an iPad right now, but I don’t question Apple’s power to create a new need, that I was not aware that I had until now…

 
For further info on the iPad, check the links below:

Waiting in Line for the iPad [VIDEO]
HOW TO: Get Started with the iPad
Live Blogging the iPad’s Big Day
New iPad launch-day estimate: 600,000-700,000 sold
Hands-on with the Apple iPad: Groundbreaking Or Not, It’s Still Amazing
Laptop Killer? Pretty Close






 

No comments:

Post a Comment